"Sometimes I feel like if you watch things, just sit still and let the world exist in front of you - sometimes I swear that just for a second time freezes and the world pauses in its tilt. Just for a second. And if you somehow found a way to live in that second, then you would live forever."
~ Delirium By Lauren Oliver

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Science Fiction Blog #1

My name is Erin and I love reading, writing, watching movies and dancing. I have 2 older brothers, one who is 21 and the other one, who is my step-brother, is 32. I consider dance a sport. Some people will ask how is dancing a sport?  Is it in the Olympics? Well no... But football and lacrosse aren't in it either and are still considered sports, so why can't dance be a sport? I don't take things personally; I realize people have other views.  I don't see the point in wasting away my time on something someone said or did that I could easily brush off and move on. Like Dr. Seuss says: "Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
My paramount experience with science fiction can't be narrowed down to one specific thing or time. I have always loved sci-fi and the endless possibilities that somehow can be proven to make sense and even to be possible. I am really fascinated by the question What if...? What if these things could be true? Why can't they be? And if we don't have solid facts that they are not true, why do we say they aren't true then? I like the movies Time Machine, Logan's Run, 2012,The Core, Evolution, Deep Impact, Star Trek (the new motion picture), Equilibrium, The Matrix, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Day After Tomorrow, I-Robot, Contact, War of the Worlds, Jurassic Park, Avatar etc... I like the TV shows/mini-series: Terra Nova, ReGenesis, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Andromeda Strain. I also like the books Double identity, The Host, Found etc...
Science fiction gets confused with fantasy a lot but it's not, science fiction is fiction stories that are based on actually scientific principles, not only made up creatures and topics such as vampires, fairies, warlocks, dragons, magic etc... This is fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment