"Sometimes I feel like if you watch things, just sit still and let the world exist in front of you - sometimes I swear that just for a second time freezes and the world pauses in its tilt. Just for a second. And if you somehow found a way to live in that second, then you would live forever."
~ Delirium By Lauren Oliver

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Puppet Show

In class we read Puppet Show by Fredric Brown. I really kinda liked this story, the way it was presented. This story was about a test, a test of how we humans are xenophobic, or if we are not. In the story they started to pass the test, and then the colonel said something about how he was glad the master race was human and probably destroyed our chance of joining the federation.
I know if was given that test I would probably pass it because I could care less what other people look like and where they come from, and I don't think I would have blurted out a stupid remark. I don't like judging people, even though sometimes we all do it subconsciously. Sometimes it seems like we are wired to think in terms of "us" and "them," but I try not to base my outward behavior on someone's appearance.  I don't hold it against them and think of myself as better then they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment